Thursday, February 18, 2010

Removing tape residue before I shoot my clear?

spent 6 hrs. masking my area shot my base removed tape and mask paper to shoot clear, but have some tape residue left over how or what will remove it without damaging the base so that I can shoot my clear trick is it just happens to be in the 1/4 inch spacing on my racing stripesRemoving tape residue before I shoot my clear?
I use a product called goof off.It comes in an aeresol can. It is great stuff. The spindles for staircases sold at lowes or wherever always come with annoying stickers on each one . They are a real bear to get off. I always pick up a can of goof off. takes them right off.Removing tape residue before I shoot my clear?
DuPont makes a cleaner that you can use between coats. I don't remember the number of it and I'm sure other companies make something similar. Just be careful what you use or the clear will lift and that ruins your paint job (after all that work)
vinager and water, i use it on the glue left from stickers and lables

No comments:

Post a Comment