Sunday, February 7, 2010

I need to remove clear packaging tape residue on my car window without damaging defroster lines?

I used clear packaging tape on the rear window of my car and when I removed it there was a hard residue left. How can I remove it without damaging the defroster lines on the window?I need to remove clear packaging tape residue on my car window without damaging defroster lines?
window cleaner with ammonium it will make the glue soft so you can peel it right off the glass but used paper towelI need to remove clear packaging tape residue on my car window without damaging defroster lines?
Use Gasoline. I used it to take vinyl glue off I had on my Rear windshield. It was a chevy bowtie.





Trust me it works.





Dip a corner of the rag in Gasoline, then wipe it in a circular motion, you'll see it comes off in a couple seconds.
Have you tried Goo Gone? That stuff rocks. You can buy a mini-bottle for a few bucks anywhere (Target, Office Max, etc.) and then test it out on a small part of the goo to make sure it doesn't ruin the lines. It really shouldn't ruin them.
keep trying have to get it wet and soak thru might take a bit more elbow grease an dreally drforster lines in window if you cant feel them with fingers
baby oil or lighter fluid works on it better than goo gone put some on and wait for like 20 seconds and then wipe off
gas or lighter fluid works real good

No comments:

Post a Comment