Sunday, February 7, 2010

Can I clear coat over pinstriping Tape?

I am using Acrylic Enamel with Urethane Hardner (Black) for base coat. Stripes are 3M Scotchcal. Clear is Acrylic Enamel with Urethane hardner. Also if this can be done do I still use hardner in base or just clear coat? And with hardner do I still need to scuff before clear coat?Can I clear coat over pinstriping Tape?
no problem, use hardener in the clear and go over the stripes. do not scuff before the clearCan I clear coat over pinstriping Tape?
You can pin stripe under clear coat but they will be sealed for life. Normally people only seal pin stripes with clear coat if they are actual painted pin stripes.





Best to paint and clear, then apply vinyl stripes.
Yes to all above...but it doesn't look as good when you coat over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment