Thursday, February 18, 2010

Is clear grip tape better than dark grip tape? what's a good starter sector 9 longboard?

Ive just gotten interested in longboarding, and a freind told me that sector 9 was a good place to start. I want to be able to have a stable ride going down hills, (I dont want a death wobble or anything), and I want to be able to just cruise and carve, too. I was looking at their bamboo series, but i really just dont know. I'm about 5'7 or 5'8, I'm about 125-135 lbs., please help me out. Thanks!Is clear grip tape better than dark grip tape? what's a good starter sector 9 longboard?
The Teahupoo http://www.apertureboardshop.com/SPD/sec鈥?/a> pronounced Choepoo is the most popular shape from the Sector 9 Bamboo Series. Teahupoo is the 4th Bamboo Pintail Longboard graphic from Sector 9. It follows the ever popular Pipeline and before that the Uluwatu. The Teahopoo is the longest skateboard in Sector 9's Bamboo Series. A fast and smooth riding board the ';Teahupoo'; is a must have. The deck features a ';W'; concave and mild camber to add to its strength while still allowing a nice amount of flex. I just got finished rinding this bamboo gem just a few minutes ago and the carving and speed I was able to generate just amazed me and inspired me to come back to write a little bit about how much fun this longboard actually is to ride. I highly recommend you to give this board a try. The flex from the bamboo gives the extra energy into each carving turn you do. Guaranteed to give you huge quads from all of the pressure you put into each turn I promise you will love the response from this board. As far as clear grip tape goes, it isn't too different than black griptape. The major difference is that the clear grip gets dirty fairly easy. But you can get Grip Gum http://www.apertureboardshop.com/SPD/gri鈥?/a> which you can use to clean the clear grip. It works pretty good. Hope this helps you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment