Thursday, February 18, 2010

How to clean off clear packing tape from stainless steal pot.?

I bought a small, like new, stainless steal pot from a thrift store. The seller taped the lid on with a clear tape that looked like packing tape to me. When I took the tape off it left a thick tape residue on the pot.





I have tired everything to get the residue off. Here is what I have tried:





All types of oil. cooking, dw-30,


Peanut butter


Goo Gone


Stainless Steal cleaner, that's oil based


Rubbing alcohol


Hot water


Liquid grease cutting soap


Soaked in hot, hot, water.


Used my finger nail to gently scape it.





I have run of ideas. Please Help.





Any suggestion that will not do damage to the metal on the pot.





Thanks for your help in advance.How to clean off clear packing tape from stainless steal pot.?
rub some alcohol on it and rub it off with your hand or some kind of clothHow to clean off clear packing tape from stainless steal pot.?
soak it in isopropyl alcohol; use 91% or higher, not the 70% typically found. Let the alcohol penetrate into the residue for at least fifteen minutes (an hour is better), then scrub with a tooth brush under very hot running water. repeat.
Try a moistened fabric softener sheet - its also great for hardened on food and cleaning stovetops - very little scrubbing.





If it doesn't work right away, moisten it and lay it on the spot to soak in for a while.
What you can do is buy this stuff called undu it is like goo gone but I think it works better than that i use it all the time and it never lets me down.
goo gone has never failed me. Let it soak for a while.
rubbing alcohol.
Compare ? water loss in virus-infected plant compared to normal plants?
gasoline, it will smell for a second,,,but it WILL remove the adhesive for you.


Good Luck
alcohol will clean it
Steel wool--just scrub
try using hairspray and baby oil. :)
suggest to try olive oil,it works for me

No comments:

Post a Comment