Thursday, February 18, 2010

My cat ate some tape. It was the typical clear kind of tape. Should I worry?

certified vet tech here . no worries cats eat worse then tape . it will go through his digestive system and out the other end . do not worry to much . worry if you see a change in appeitite and or if he is not acting like himself . but trust me cats eat way worse and survive . they are toughMy cat ate some tape. It was the typical clear kind of tape. Should I worry?
No, i think it's just fine. My cat licks tape all the time, no idea why she do that! But i supposed she had swallowed some and she's still active and healthy.My cat ate some tape. It was the typical clear kind of tape. Should I worry?
I wouldn`t worry too much if I were you. I`m sure the tape will pass right on through. Just keep an eye on the cat to make sure it seems normal.
My cat also has a fetish for tape! Once she ate some ';scotch tape'; so quick that I couldn't do anything about it...well...I did do SOMETHING...I panicked! This cat is VERY special to me..so I'm crying...trying to get the tape out of her mouth and dialing the vets' number all at the same time. Poor baby...I stuck my finger so far down her throat that she threw up the tape! After all of that I was told by her vet that as long as she swallowed it...she would pass it and it would not be a problem! Now I make sure there is NO tape out for her to get!
no.


she will poop it right out.





they eat grass, and other strange things.. dont they?





if a human can swallow gum.. or bassicly anything .. then a cat will be fine with tape.
Kitty is probably going to be ok but you might want to mix in a quarter tsp. of oil (such as that in your own omega-3 fish oil capsules) to her canned food. Feed her canned and put the dry stuff away for the next few days. Don't add so much oil that you make her ill, or so much that she is turned off and then refuses eat her food. I always used to add a couple of drops of fish oil to my cats' canned food anyway. It helps with fur balls and makes their coats very shiny. Obviously, fish oil supports immune system function, is great for the heart and is overall incredibly healthy for them (as it is for us).
As long as he didn't eat the entire roll along with the dispenser, he should be fine. Watch him for a few days. Make sure he doesn't seem to be having trouble going to the bathroom. Make sure he is eating, drinking, and otherwise acting like his normal self.

3 comments:

  1. Hello,
    In relation to this post, my chinchilla ate clear tape and gauze that was around her foot. Do you think she can break that down and pass it. Her poop is smaller and I have been feeding her and watering her but the vet said she thinks she has a hair ball in her stomach. I dont know what else to do to get her to eat normal or if she will be ok.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete