Thursday, February 18, 2010

I gots an MP3 player. How can I get a clear sound through my car cd/radio/tape player?

Which connection should I use.I gots an MP3 player. How can I get a clear sound through my car cd/radio/tape player?
You best option would be to use a Head Unit that has a direct connection for your MP3 player of choice (there are a bunch that natively support iPods, don't know about others).





2nd best is if you have a player that has an audio in jack which you can connect the headphone out to.





After than you have either the option of using an FM transmitter or a tape adapter. I personally would go with the FM transmitter (as long as you get a quality one with enough power that supports all range of frequencies)I gots an MP3 player. How can I get a clear sound through my car cd/radio/tape player?
You can't. MP3 is worse sounding than a scratched record (and by that I mean a physical imperfection on the disk, not someone trying to lift riffs). However, since what you probably mean is just making it play through your audio system, the technical means are easy. You buy one of the many adapters (I found quite a few listed on an Amazon search for MP3 car audio adapters).
If you have an auxillary input or external CD changer input, you can try connecting to that. That will be best.





If you have a tape deck, the best cassette adapter I have tried is the Sony CPA-9C which I got at BestBuy. I tried the Belkin and the Memorex and the audio quality and construction quality weren't there. I found the best sound comes when the audio player is at about 90% of max volume. Your mileage may vary.


http://shopping.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Aj鈥?/a>





The worst from reliability and quality is an FM radio transmitter. First the quality is worse than good FM radio in my experience. If you live in an area with lots of radio stations, it is near impossible to find a clear channel. Even if you find one near home, drive 5 or 10 miles and you get interference again. You can't easily tune the transmitter and your stereo while driving (it's a driving hazard).
it depends on which brand of mp3. mine is an i river and i have to have one that hooks to the head phone spot. the only thing i could find was audio tape adapter that used to be used for cd players. put it in the tape deck and and plug it into the headphone spot and keep the volume on the mp3 at halfway and it sounds good.
Use one of those car cassette adaptor things one end goes into your mp3 player and the other into your cassette player

No comments:

Post a Comment